Thursday, 10 September 2009

Gerrard the cat back in his Liverpool home

Pictures: http://www.bootletimes.co.uk/



A KITTEN from Seaforth, near Liverpool, who took a ticket to ride and ended up 300 miles from home, has been reunited with his owners. Little four-month-old Gerrard - named after Steven Gerrard, the captain of Liverpool football team, - hopped aboard a removals van and ended up in Hampshire.

He was taken to a veterinary surgery where staff named him Jimmy Tarbuck after a Liverpool comedian.

The Liverpool Echo carried a story and picture, making plea for his owners to come forward.

Carla Hazlett saw the picture and immediately recognised Gerrard. She said: “I got a bit of a shock when I saw him in the paper. We’d been looking for him for days. He was my little girl Simi-Lea’s third birthday present.

“I’ve not had the heart to tell her he has been missing. She kept asking me ‘where is my kitty, where is Gerrard?’ and she and her brothers and sister have been out searching for him.




“My daughter called him Gerrard as she is a massive Reds fan and wears nothing but her Liverpool strip. I like the name Jimmy Tarbuck, though, and I am really glad that he has been so well taken care of.

“When the girl next door was moving out last week the children and Gerrard were playing in the removal truck. It didn’t cross my mind that’s where he could be.”

One of the girls who works at the surgery in Hampshire returned to university in Liverpool on Tuesday and Carla was delighted to meet up with her and get Gerrard back.

“When Simi-Lea asked me on Monday where Gerrard was it was a relief to be able to tell her she would see him very soon and it wasn’t a lie,” she added.

“I’d been hoping he would turn up as I had no idea how I was going to tell the children he wasn’t coming back."

Now Gerrard will never walk alone.


  • Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel on the right.

  • Email That's Purrfect a picture of your cat and we'll consider it for publication on the website.Click here to see readers' pets and to see paintings of cats.



Bookmark and Share










No comments: