Thursday, 26 March 2015

Review: I Could Pee On This

I Could Pee on This by Francesco Marciuliano


THIS is a book of poetry by cats. Oh yes, it is!

It's written in a tongue-in-cheek, humorous style, detailing those feline foibles that we know and love. The quirky poems give mere humans an insight into how a cat's brain works - or doesn't. It's an attempt to explain the inexplicable and to fathom the unfathomable in a cat's mind.

To give you a taste of the style of poetry in I Could Pee on This (UK version) I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats (USA version), here's a snippet:

Sometimes when I lie on your warm chest
And hear your every happy sigh
I gaze into your two kind eyes
And wonder, "Who is that?"

And who hasn't tried to type when a furry bundle sticks its nose in to disrupt proceedings?



The book is wacky and whimsical with occasional cutting humour and heavy sarcasm.

It's not everyone's cup of tea - humour is so subjective - but I loved it.

In any case, if the poetry leaves you cold, there are lots of beautiful pictures of cats to keep you entertained.

I Could Pee On This Rating (out of five):





If you want to, you can buy it below.





I am an amazon.com and amazon.co.uk affiliate and it would be lovely if you could help me keep this site running by using the link above to buy from Amazon. For other goods you can use THIS LINK . Thank you!

HOME PAGE




Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A children's book I thought you might appreciate..."Charlie and Chocolate's Purrfect Prayer" http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Chocolates-Purrfect-Prayer-Suthern/dp/1500859710/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431621774&sr=1-1&keywords=charlie+and+chocolate%27s+purrfect+prayer