Wednesday, 1 April 2015

A Is For Acro-Cats

This is the first time I have taken part in the  A to Z Blogging Challenge . Here is my first post.

Today I am looking at some fabulous felines who perform for the public.

A is for Acro-Cats


   

Those of you who have tried to persuade a cat to do anything other than what he wants to do will be in awe of Samantha Martin whose moggies, The Acro-Cats, put on shows for the public.

Cats playing musical instruments, riding skateboards, jumping through hoops, pushing each other in little trolleys and walking the tight-rope, what's not to like? Judge for yourself in the video above.

One reviewer said: "Their music sucks and each song sounds like their previous one, but my son's band music sounds exactly the same. At least it's much more pleasant to look at cats rather than teenage boys in leather pants."

As you'd expect with a troupe of cats, not all of them are well-behaved and it seems they tend to lose interest and occasionally wander off into the audience, which all adds to the appeal.

The shows include a performance by the Rock-Cats which, not surprisingly, are billed as "the only cat band in existence". At Christmas you can expect to hear songs like A Cat in a Manger and Catnip Roasting on an Open Fire.

I can't wait for them to come to the UK.

 www.a-to-zchallenge.com/



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.

9 comments:

Stephanie Carolli said...

I saw the acrocats in Calgary. They were awesome!!! One came and sat on my lap, I was so honored!!!

Mark Clough said...

Off to a flying start on the A to Z. I'd like to train one of our cats to stop catching lizards.Fortunately, at the moment she's catching up with her sleep.

the little princess said...

Couldn't believe what I saw!! Cute rockstars they are! and I'd thought all they do is purr, silly me!

Kari12 said...

I love it! I've got two kitties, one of which, Hairy, looks quite similar to your pic there. Interesting post and now I want to train mine... Pisco can fetch, does that count?

Paula Kaye said...

Good luck with your first challenge!

Smidgen Snippets & Bits

KLPhelps said...

Too dang cute!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Oh, this is going to be a fun place to visit! As the "mom" for for furry felines, I can attest to the fact that training cats is more about training their caretakers to do what the cats want! :-)

Cathy Thorsen said...

Very cool! Meow.

That's Purrfect said...

I don't think they have ever come to the UK, but if they do, I'm there!