Friday, 3 April 2015

C Is For Celebrity Cat Owners

A to Z Blogging Challenge...

Today C is for Celebrity Cat Owners

Unlike little lap dogs, no cat allows itself to  be toted around in a bag by a celebrity. In fact, if you put a cat into a proper carrier he will complain noisily until you let him out again. Then he'll ignore you until he wants something. They are like perpetual teenagers.

However, some will deign to pose with celebrities who are trying to show they have a softer side.

Being a cat woman, my view of celebrities winds up several notches if I know they are an animal lover. I even warm to them if they are dog lovers. There's nothing that can make me go "ahhh" quicker than the picture of someone I had assumed was cynical celeb cuddling up to kitty.

So here are a few celebrity cat owners, starting with the King of Cool, David Bowie. I must admit I'd never heard of Ian Somerhalder - an actor in Lost and Vampire Diaries I have now found out - but he was just so darn cute, I had to include him!

C Is For Celebrity Cat Owners

David Bowie - one of the Cat People.

Marlon Brando loved cats.

Halle Berry and Play Dough

Actor James Franco and two of his cats




Ed Sheeran and Graham


Katy Perry and Kitty Purry


Taylor Swift and Meredith

Ricky Gervais and Ollie

Actor Ian Somerhalder and Moke.

Director Peter Jackson and Mr Smudge.

Want more information about the A to Z Challenge? Visit www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel. 

7 comments:

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Nice to meet another cat lover from the blooging challenge. Great post :)

Freya3377 said...

I know just what you mean. Animal people just have to be good people. Animals are never wrong. :)

Seeing Marlon Brando reminded me of a bit of trivia - the opening shot of The Godfather, Brando has a cat in his arms. That was not planned, Brando happened to pick up a cat in the studio to pet and it became a part of history!

Susan Kane said...

Love cats! Unfortunately, I've developed allergies to a lot of things, one of them being cats.

Mark Clough said...

Ernest Hemingway liked cats and had some that were special for some reason I can't quite remember. I think it was to do with how many toes they had (really).

When the cat is away said...

Ha! I didn't find your blog via 15andmeowing, but I thought the same thing: Great to meet another A to Z blogger writing about cats!

I've never thought about it, but you're probably right: it's easier to 'show off' with a dog in public than with a cat.

A2Z challenge. www.whenthecatisaway.com Participant number 1431

Liz A. said...

You've never seen Vampire Diaries?!? Sorry. One of my favorites (or it was, but this season is kinda meh). That David Bowie pic is kind of weird. I'm not sure why.

But love the pics.

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

Birgit said...

People who love animals are aok in my book. My hubby and I have 4 cats and 1 doggie. I am more of a dog person and my hubby is the cat man but all animals are just fantastic. Betty White is another major animal lover. When she was interviewed by James Lipton(I think that's him) he always has the same questions at the end. He asked Betty what is her favourite sound and her response was "A cat's purr"