Tuesday, 21 April 2015

R Is For Cats Riding Bikes

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Today in the A to Z Blogging Challenge...

R is for cats Riding Bikes


LOOKING around for something to write about beginning with the letter R in the A to Z Challenge, I found lots on the internet about cats riding bikes. I must admit I have never seen a cat on a bike but apparently it's a not uncommon sight.

One thing I'm sure of is that my cat would never consent to ride a bicycle. She'd be off quicker than you could say Lance Armstrong.

But some moggies are not averse to feeling the wind in their fur and don't mind catching a few rays as they hitch a lift to Cat World. This ginger chap sees to be enjoying himself. Love the shades, dude!



And Bernadette McClure (pictured below) from Greensboro, USA regularly takes her cats out for a ride.



At the risk of sounding like a health and safety information film, I really advise that you don't toss kitty into a bike basket and ride off into the sunset. The cats above all have harnesses on and, I'm guessing, were eased into the role of passenger fairly gently before setting off on the mean streets. 

I'll leave you with this wonderful video. Not only has it got a cute kid and cat, the soundtrack is the wonderful song We Built This City on Rock and Roll by Starship.





Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.

13 comments:

Sunday Visitor said...

I had never heard of cats riding bikes before so it's new to me too. Nice post!!

Darla M Sands said...

I got to see that song performed live in the late eighties. ~grin~ Good times. I'm so glad to have found your blog. Oh, and I'm number 1237 on the A to Z blog list today.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Those are some very cool kitties!

Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

Austin Towers said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog :) That video is one of our faves! Well done on participating in the A-Z blogging challenge. It's not one we can trust ourselves to achieve successfully MOL ;)

I used to live in Devon and still, if truth be told, miss it rather a lot!

That's Purrfect said...

Thank you!

That's Purrfect said...

How wonderful! You must have been a bit of a rocker!

That's Purrfect said...

I'm really enjoying the Challenge. I visited quite a lot of other blogs and am amazed at the wide variety.

That's Purrfect said...

It's been quite a "challenge" to have the discipline to post every day and to find a subject to fit a letter. Don't want to make you home sick but it's absolutely glorious here in Devon today!

Donna Smith said...

Fun video! Not sure my Noah would enjoy a bike ride. I think I'd get a tandem bike though and make him pedal.

Liz A. said...

That's a great idea. Although, I don't know if the cats really think so.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I would be afraid that I would crash with the cats.

Birgit said...

OK I think I have seen it all (well, almost). Our cats would scratch us all to hell:)

Mark Clough said...

I've never seen a cat riding a bike, or being a passenger, but I've seen quite a few dogs sitting in baskets and boxes on motorbikes here on Skopelos.