Wednesday, 22 April 2015

S Is For Cats Sleeping

A to Z Blogging Challenge

Shhh, everyone. Because today....

S Is For Cats Sleeping

Cats have an amazing capacity for sleep. They nap for around 15 hours a day and then have six hours of often frantic activity - usually in the middle of the night, in my experience. Here are some epic sleepers:


 

Do cats dream? According to scientists, they do. And if you have seen the twitchy shenanigans your cats go through sometimes while they are asleep, it's pretty clear they are in a far off land  probably chasing mice, shredding furry toys, climbing the bookcase or being chased by giant dogs
Just like humans, most animals exhibit rapid eye movement (REM} sleep, the phase of sleep during which dreaming takes place.

I wonder what this little one is dreaming about?




 Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the sidebar.



Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

When the cat is away said...

Oh, you posted some really Sweet Sleeping videos! Thank you, you made me smile!
A2Z challenge. www.whenthecatisaway.com Participant number 1255

Birgit said...

OMG-this is iceless. Watched this with my hubby who is now dreaming about being a cat:) The second video my hubby thinks the cat is seeing a bird because of the tail movement

Darla M Sands said...

Watching cats twitch in their sleep is one of my favorite relaxing pastimes, especially when their inner and outer eyelids flicker. I'm so glad you're doing the A to Z challenge. My blog, http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/, is number 1226 on the list today. Seems to be growing shorter every day. Best wishes!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Kitties are adorable when sleeping--and doing anything. I am 1209 on the list and I started at 1347.

Liz A. said...

I'm sure they dream. Probably of world domination.

That's Purrfect said...

I'll be round to see you soon!

That's Purrfect said...

It is a bit of a "challenge" to post every day on a certain letter but I'm enjoying it. And I've found lots of new blogs to visit.

That's Purrfect said...

They are definitely dreaming about something! I hope your husband doesn't expect to get his tummy rubbed!

That's Purrfect said...

They are cute, aren't they!

That's Purrfect said...

Ah, you are very clever, Liz. You have sussed out my W!

Birgit said...

oh he does and his feet! He will have to wait:)