Thursday, 30 April 2015

Z is for Zombie Cats

A to Z Blogging Challenge

...and finally, Z is for Zombie Cats.




Fans of horror movies like Dawn Of The Dead, Zombieland and 28 Weeks Later will know all about zombies.

According to the Urban Dictionary, zombies are The Walking Dead. Scientific name Homo Coprophagus Somnambulus.  A zombie brain has retained some facilities like motor function. In its near-mindless state, it grasps no remains of emotion, personality, or sensation of pain. In rare cases, some of the reanimated reflexively perform routine activities from their past lives. They have a taste for the flesh of living things. The undead are incapable of fatigue and will persist at any cost .

As you can see from that definition, we obviously have zombie cats living among us. Be afraid, cat people, be very afraid.

I will leave you with some pictures but please don't look at them just before going to bed. Cue evil laugh.












That's all for this year in the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I hope you enjoyed my posts as much as I enjoyed putting them together. 

My thoughts on the A to Z Challenge, for what they're worth. 

It's a brilliant way to exercise your self-discipline. I didn't always feel like posting but I made myself and always felt better for it. 

I visited quite a few other blogs and was amazed at the wide variety there is out there. Not all appealed to me, of course, but I still found them interesting. And I'm sure the subject of cats is anathema to lots of people so thank you to everyone who visited whether they are a felinophile or not. 

I hope I've made some internet friends along the way. I will certainly continue to visit their blogs. However.....  one thing it taught me was never to visit any blog with AC (Adult Content) after its name - oh Lord!

Lastly, thank you to my good friend and former colleague Mark Clough for persuading me to take part. He's got a great blog over at www.olivegroveview.blogspot.co.uk.  His A to Z Challenge was on the subject of "reasons to be cheerful" and it was a great read. It certainly cheered me up.

I shall continue to post, now more frequently than before, and I'm already thinking about next year. So, until the next time.... happy blogging.

Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel. 

13 comments:

When the Cat is Away said...

Thank you for participating in the A2Z challenge. I'm happy I found your blog because of the challenge, and I'll continue reading it.

Haha, I was thinking about Zombie for Z as well, but I was more thinking about myself than my cats. :D

lynnelives said...

I wonder how many of us used Zombie today! Your cat posts make me smile.

Jo said...

I haven't lived with a cat in years. I love them but hubby does not. When we go to a cat home, they always go to him. Contrary animals LOL. I thought your pictures were great.

Darla M Sands said...

You made me laugh. Thank you. I intend to keep following you and hope I keep up on more regular posts. My friends at The Writer's Retreat blog and I intend to link every Tuesday with personal blog posts listing blessings. It should be fun. Vidya Sury whom I met through the challenge plans to join in. Meanwhile, I'll have to check out The View from the Olive Grove. Sounds like it's right up my alley. My final post for the challenge at http://darlamsands.blogspot.com is about zinnias. I am number 1157 on the list now and can’t believe the month is nearly over.

Bob Scotney said...

A Zombie cat, now who would have thought of that! I shall be more wary now of them all.

Congratulations on completing the Challenge.

Sunni said...

I can't believe the challenge is over already. This was my fouurth year doing it and I love it. It does force you to use your mind to think of things that start with each letter. It forces us to write almost daily and we also meet a lot of new interesting people out there with things to say and learn new things along the way too. You can't beat that.

I love cat blogs, naturally, being the cat lover I am. I'll be back to read more of your posts that I missed out on.

Sunni
http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

Liz A. said...

That one with the eyes... *shudders*

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge :) I enjoyed it too and did find some new blogs to follow. I love the first kitty in these photos :)

Birgit said...

Love animals and even these cute freaky cats. Their glowing eyes always got to me. We succeeded! Congrats!!

Mark Clough said...

Hi Pat, well done, you made it to Z. I never had ANY doubts when I urged you to have a go at doing the A to Z Challenge. It's fun in a strange way, but quite nice when you can stop. As for the zombie cats, they were pretty scary. However, and this will probably come as no surprise to you, I would quibble over the Urban Dictionary definition of zombie. I think the more traditional definition of zombie is a corpse reanimated by supernatural means to have a semblance of life so it can perform tasks as a mute, will-less slave - a bit like being employed, really. Anyway, when I spout rubbish like this I bet it really makes you miss working with me. Toodle pip, M x

Austin Towers said...

ConCats on completing the challenge! I wouldn't even start it MOL. I think zombie humans are more terrifying, ya know, the ones that inhabit parliament buildings ;) MOL

Linda Ann Nickerson said...

Our kitty is more ninja than zombie ... but N-Day has long gone past. ;-)
Congratulations on completing the A to Z challenge for 2015.
We made it! (I did 5 blogs this year for the series - all on different topics. Whew.)
Thanks for visiting and commenting at
Practically at Home . Hope you will stop by again.

Entrepreneurial Goddess said...

Hello there.
I have always been a cat lover. Four of them used to own me when I lived in the UK!
Congratulations on surviving the A-Z Challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip. My goal is to visit all the blogs that linked up, before next year's challenge starts up again.
P.S. I had a bit of a time finding your entries. Perhaps you might consider adding an archive gadget for easier reference (just a thought).

Entrepreneurial Goddess