Friday, 29 May 2015

Cats Make Me Happy

CATS make me happy. Whenever I see that furry little face looking up at me with her big amber eyes,  when I see her curled up on the sofa with her paws over her eyes, when she pushes my hand to show me she wants petting and when I watch her chasing a screwed up piece of paper across the floor like a whirling dervish, I feel happy. I immediately feel my stress levels subside.

We know there are lots of health benefits of owning pets. Here are a few:

1. Lower risk of cardiovascular disease 
2. Reduce risk of heart attack 
3. Improve your immune function 
4. Decrease chance of developing allergies 
5. Help prevent asthma in children 
5. Reduce blood pressure 
6. Lower triglycerides 
7. Lower cholesterol 
8. Reduced risk of stroke 
9. Reduce stress 
10. Reduce anxiety 
11. Improve your mood 
12. Help with depression 
13. Help with autism 
14. Reduced loneliness 
15. Fewer health care visits 
16. Longer life 


Occasionally, though, cats show us that we make them happy too. Here's a little clip for you. The human is speaking in Portuguese but we can all understand the cat!






Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

haha the cat was sure in sync. Pets do add a lot of life to any home.

Asha said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Pat My little guy is called Richard Parker and he brings me twigs, leaves and hours of joy. So far he hasn't caught any little critters. He's afraid of birds. Go figure! :)
hugs, Asha

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a cute video. That cat knows his part and sings on cue.

Sunni said...

Great post! I totally agree!

Sunni
http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

Birgit said...

Look what animals can do for us and cats are just special. My one pussy cat just had to have some loving at 5am this morning. I love this little video

Jo said...

I miss having a pet. Most of my life we have had dogs although I did have a cat a couple of times. Living in an apartment, dogs are no longer feasible and Matt is not into cats unfortunately.

Caren Gittleman said...

cats are the BEST of course!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Cats are wonderful, I can't imagine life without them.

Liz A. said...

Cats certainly have that something...

onespoiledcat said...

We agree.......cats are magical creatures !! Loved the video......

Hugs, Sammy

Austin Towers said...

Oh that is so cute!! I agree with your list, totally!!

Clooney said...

Cats make my Human happy, too! That is such a cute video!