Thursday, 7 May 2015

Review: Cat House Lodge


DOESN'T this look great?

The Kerbi Cat House can be used outdoors or indoors. But, be warned, if you want to place it on your catio make sure you treat it with something like Cuprinol or, even better, the more cat-friendly wood orange oil.

This is a sturdy little house that most cats will love. They can climb or hide away, whatever takes their fancy.

It comes flat-packed but the instructions are clear and fairly simple and it should present no difficulty to put together. Each element is clearly labelled and it even comes with extra screws and bolts, should kitty make off with one!



It is a sturdy structure and will last for ages. I have a friend who has kept hers outside for 18 months now - after treating it with a quick wipe over of wood orange oil - and it is still as good as new.

I was very impressed with this product and nearly gave it five paws out of five. However, the pictures are a little misleading. These cats must be quite small because it definitely looks bigger in the photographs than it actually is. Although, to be fair to the company, the dimensions are clearly stated.



Here is a picture that give you a more accurate idea of the size:


Kerbi Cat House Lodge Rating (out of five):


   

I am an amazon.com and amazon.co.uk affiliate and it would be lovely if you could help me keep this site running by using the links above to buy from Amazon. For other goods you can use THIS LINK . Thank you!




  Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.

9 comments:

Liz A. said...

It's cute, but kind of tiny.

Austin Towers said...

It's very nice. It's what we call compact and bijou!! MOL

That's Purrfect said...

I agree with both of you. When I first saw the pictures I thought it was quite big - but then I saw my friend's and it was really small. That's why I included the other picture. Even so, her cats absolutely love it.

Birgit said...

It would fit our one cat, Lucy, but since our Mia, AKA Fatswan, took the door surround off the cat door and wore it around her midriff for a minute or so, I think this would be a bit too small for her::)

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That is nice, but my kitties are all quite large.

Jo said...

As far as I can tell, all cats need is a cardboard box.

That's Purrfect said...

How true!

That's Purrfect said...

I was quite surprised at the size of it.

That's Purrfect said...

Ha, ha! That's brilliant! Poor Mia (Fatswan) - but I would have loved to have seen a picture!