Monday, 8 June 2015

Mayim Bialik And Her Cats

Mayim Bialikk with her cats.


ACTRESS Mayim Bialik (The Big  Bang Theory, Beaches, Pumpkinhead) wants people to share pictures of themselves with their cats on Twitter and Instagram  in a bid to dispel negative stereotypes.

These pictures should show you and your cat being "awesome" - whatever that means. I guess they don't want pictures of scruffy old women feeding their 20 cats in a tiny kitchen. They are thinking more young, gorgeous hunks cuddling up to their perfect puss. I can live with that.


No crazy cat ladies like the character in The Simpsons, please (pictured left). Try to look "awesome" like the hunk above!



I don't know about you but I'm not that bothered by being considered "a crazy cat lady"! But Mayim is doing this for a good cause. She has teamed up with PetSmart Charities which wants to improve the image of cats and their owners so that more moggies are adopted from shelters.

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says 3.4 million cats go into U.S. animal shelters every year but fewer than half of them are adopted.

So Mayim and PetSmart Charities want to say: "Goodbye, crazy cat lady. Hello, cool cat owner." Mayim has already posted pictures of her own cats, Esau and Frances
.
“Our survey shows that America is ready for a major ‘cattitude’ adjustment. It’s time to end the stereotypes around cats and cat people to help more cats get adopted,” said Jan Wilkins, executive director, PetSmart Charities. “That starts with cat owners proudly sharing how cats make wonderful pets and enrich our lives.”

If you want to take part use the hashtag #meowOUT.



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.

14 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

A great thing to do indeed. I can get pics of the cats, but no the cats and me as they flee lol

Darla M Sands said...

Awesome! I'm sorry to say that my cats our much more photogenic than their human.

dezizworld said...

Me tweeted. It's so pawsum dat udders awe twyin' to change da publics purrception of us kitties. We awe much better than dogs. MOL

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

Birgit said...

Any cat or dog deserve a home. My hubby and I have been called "cat" people because we rescued 4. We don't go any higher than that and as long as it helps out or=ur furry friends I say why not. I would if I had a twitter acct or other

Austin Towers said...

My human IS the stereotype unfortunately, though she only has one and a half cats ... Long story! A great idea though :)

Cathy Keisha said...

Very cool! Pop loves the Big Bang Theory AND cats.

Caren Gittleman said...

I loved her back when she was on Blossom, now I love her even more!

Kitty Cat Chronicles said...

What a great idea! We will participate!!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That is great! I love Amy Farafowler :)

Liz A. said...

Sounds like a great cause. Now, to find some cool people with cats...

The Island Cats said...

Anything to promote cats is a good thing. :)

Jo said...

I am surprised to hear cat's need promoting. I sent this to a cat friend, hope he respons.

Sunni said...

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a crazy cat lady and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sunni
http://sunni-survivinglife.blogspot.com/

Katie Isabella said...

I love this idea. ALL who are in love with cats as pets ARE "crazy cat ladies" and I am certainly among them, but the idea of promoting the fact that there are OTHERS...younger folk, male, girls, kids, etc who love cats as well is a great idea. It may help with adoption indeed.