Wednesday, 13 April 2016

KIDNAPPED!

Yes, it's me, Carlton The Special One

For the duration of the A to Z Challenge, Carlton Cat will be taking over this blog. He's a little bit of a maverick moggie with strong views.

KIDNAPPED!


SEND HELP. I HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED.

This is not a joke. I was sleeping peacefully on the sofa when someone grabbed me and put me into a carrier thingy.  They were clever - very, very clever. I could see out of the carrier a little bit and whoever had taken me was wearing trousers just like the Mr's. The woman with him had disguised her voice to sound like the Mrs. The kidnappers were obviously trying to lull me into a false sense of secuity but they don't fool me, the Mr and Mrs would never subject me to this treatment.

The next thing I knew I was in a car and being driven away. I could hear bits of a conversation over the sound of the car engine. I heard: "He's not gonna to like it," and "Do you think he will ever forgive us?" and "It's for his own good." Being kidnapped is for my own good? I don't think so.

Then I was in a place that smelled strongly medicinal. I could hear people talking about dreadful subjects like cat flu and calicivirus and, worst of all - gulp - INJECTIONS. I was taken from the carrier and plonked unceremoniously on a metal table. Someone had me covered with a towel - someone wearing very thick gloves.

Now, here I am and  - I hardly know how to tell you this - a man in a white coat is STICKING NEEDLES INTO MY REAR END. What torture is this?

As my head emerges from under the towel I see Mr and Mrs. They have come to rescue me! The Mrs picks me up and strokes me. The Mr tickles me under the chin. Stop faffing about, you two. 

RUN, RUN!



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.

Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

Liz A. said...

It really is for your own good. It just might not seem like that right now.

Kathleen Valentine said...

Stop complaining and behave yourself!!!

Meet My Imaginary Friends
#AtoZchallenge http://www.kathleenvalentineblog.com/

Josie Two Shoes said...

You are lucky in a way Carlton, at least you can fuss and create a ruckus if you choose when required to go in for all the indignities of medical examinations. Us humans which we could do the same, believe me! At least they don't try to cover our heads to confuse us (or is it to muffle the complaints?), but then again, maybe that wouldn't be so bad! I'm glad you've survived to share this "tail" with us, and I'm certain you've made it clear that you don't want it to happen again!

Darla M Sands said...

Such travails. I hope you've recovered!
Awakening Dreams and Conquering Nightmares with a Pen
Best wishes!

Jeffrey Scott said...

BEWARE - If they ever say they want to FIX you!!!
Trust me on this.

live and learn said...

The Mrs. should not let you talk to my cats. They have learned to fight tooth and claw when it's time to get in the carrier. They have learned some very effective techniques for avoiding the place that smells like medicine.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I am glad they rescued you, I bet they had to pay a big ransom.

Jo said...

I think Carlton said he had had this particular operation to "fix" him. But yes, Carlton, it is for your own good so behave yourself.

The Island Cats said...

Ugh! It was for your own good...but seriously no fun.

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Well, at least that is over, now. Relax, you will feel much better after a nap.

Caren Gittleman said...

there is NOTHING I hate more than being "kidnapped"...well, maybe I hate needles in the butt more! Love, Cody
catchatwithcarenandcody

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Sorry you had to go through that- you poor kitty. Revenge is needed now- go pee on something.