Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Questions for Carlton


Yes, it's me, Carlton The Special One

For the duration of the A to Z Challenge, Carlton Cat will be taking over this blog. He's a little bit of a maverick moggie with strong views

Questions for Carlton

As a media star of some standing, I often get asked questions by my fans. Here are a few of them:

How do you keep your fur in such tip-top condition?
It's all down to masculine grooming and care.  Occasionally I come indoors with muddy feet (see yesterday's Pawprints post) and with dirt and burrs stuck to me. I then find the cleanest spot in the house and transfer as much of this dirt as I can. I then proceed to groom myself.  It is essential to get dirty in the first place as it's by removing the debris that I can condition my own fur and keep it glossy (hence the term "spit and polish"), making me the handsome fellow you see today.

Why do you try to sleep on laptop keyboards?
You misunderstand the manoeuvre. I'm not trying to get into position to sleep there - but to share with you my technological expertise. I am keeping an eye out for nasty things like worms and viruses. If I ever see any I am going to pounce and get rid of them for you.

What is your favourite food?
Anything I can steal off a plate.

Who are your friends?
I don't understand the question.

What do you dream about?
I had a dream I was perched high on top of a bookcase with Mr watching TV below. I waited until his eyes began to droop and then I pounced. Mr screamed like a girl and fell off the sofa. Oh no, hang on. That wasn't a dream, it really happened.

What is the collective noun for a group of cats?
If you look this up on the internet, you will find  a variety of nouns, including a clowder of cats, a clutter, a pounce, and a glare. Personally, I call a group of cats "a fight waiting to happen".

Why do you sleep so much?
Zzzzz, Zzzzz, Zzzzz.




Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.
Bookmark and Share

15 comments:

Darla M Sands said...

Great Q & A session! I understand your confusion on the word "friends" when we are all your fans and you our overlord. ~grin~ Happy snoozing.
Awakening Dreams and Conquering Nightmares with a Pen
Have a lovely day!

Tamara Narayan said...

Hey, this sounds a lot like my cat, Mr. Mistoffelees. He brings in so many twigs and leaves in his long hair. Right now he looks a mess because he is doing his spring peel. He actually tears off his mattes with his teeth once a year. The two flaps of fur dangling from each side make him look like a truly odd butterfly--catterfly? Dragon-cat? I'd trim them, but he bites. Very hard.

Pat Hatt said...

Good for you to watch out for those worms and viruses

Kathleen Valentine said...

Those are such "cat-like" answers. I laughed out loud at the one about friends.

@Kathleen01930
Meet My Imaginary Friends
#AtoZchallenge

Jans Funny Farm said...

You had fun with this interview. 'Fess up, Carlton, you had fun. :)

The Indulged Furries said...

You gave great answers to questions I've never even pondered.

Liz A. said...

"a fight waiting to happen"... Too funny.

Jo said...

Love these answers. Really cat like.

Karen O'Connor said...

My kitty looks a lot like Carlton and I suspect would give similar answers to your questions. In addition to helping out at the keyboard, he loves to squish himself on my lap when I'm working on the computer making it hard to even reach the keyboard. Maybe it's another technique to protect me from worms and viruses.


@WeekendsinMaine
Weekends in Maine

JEN Garrett said...

Oh Carlton, if only every cat could feel as famous as you... Oh wait. ;)

Caren Gittleman said...

Carlton you are one SMART kitty!
catchatwithcarenandcody

Birgit said...

OK your mom should have had a video waiting when you pounced on your dad. You all must go to cat school to learn all these things especially how to annoy humans.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Excellent answers to the questions.

The Island Cats said...

MOL! I like to sleep...er, I mean...look for viruses and stuff on the laptop too, Carlton. ~Ernie

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Great Q & A, Carlton. I used to have a friend who called a group of cats a "caboodle". *wink*