Thursday, 14 April 2016

The LIFE STORY of Carlton Cat (or how I came to own the Mr and Mrs)

Yes, it's me, Carlton The Special One

For the duration of the A to Z Challenge, Carlton Cat will be taking over this blog. He's a little bit of a maverick moggie with strong views.

The LIFE STORY of Carlton Cat (or how I came to own the Mr and Mrs)

I WAS born a prince among cats in a palace made of kippers and ham. As heir to the kingdom, I was given the title Scourge Of The Rodents and spent my days learning to stalk, pounce and kill, like the warrior Ninja I am. 

I dined on salmon, prawns and fillet steak and slept in a four-poster bed on a velvet cushion. All other cats bowed before me, crying out, "Oh Mighty One," as I passed by.

I had three servants, one to comb my whiskers, one to sharpen my nails and one to warm the litter tray before I used it.

But one day, a cloud fell over Carlton's kingdom. The evil Rajah, the twit part-Siamese ("ooo, I'm so grand I am part pedigree") cat who now lives next door, put a spell on the palace by breathing over it with his disgustingly evil cat breath. The miasmic clouds floated through the rooms rendering all who breathed it in unconscious.

Only one cat remained awake and that was the Lady of the Whiskers. She spirited me away to a far off land to live in safety in the home of the Mr and Mrs from whence one day I will RISE AGAIN to reclaim my kingdom.

Version Two: The Mrs's mother lived on a farm and when the Mrs admired the little ginger kitten, she gave him to her.


Hop over HERE to read the Mrs's other blog.

Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.


Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Liz A. said...

The first version does make for a better story.

Kathleen Valentine said...

I like the evil Siamese, myself.

#AtoZchallenge
Meet My Imaginary Friends

Darla M Sands said...

You are quite the storyteller. I enjoyed it very much. Well done!
Awakening Dreams and Conquering Nightmares with a Pen
Happy blogging, Carlton.

Deziz World said...

Oh Carlton you be royalty to me gawjus.

Luv ya'

Dezi

Pat Hatt said...

That evil Siamese cat needs to be put in its place

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Carlton, this is a great story! Of course, now Maggie wants to know why no one warms up her litter box before she uses it. I am always happy when you share with us, even when you embellish. XO

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I like the shorter version :)

Jo said...

Bit of a come down for you then Carlton after living in all that luxury. Still, I am sure the Mr. and Mrs. really cater to your wishes all the time.

JO ON FOOD, LIFE AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Josie Two Shoes said...

Carlton, I suspect from their demeanor that all cats led a secret life of royalty before beings subjected to their somewhat mundane life as house cats, and I think you all manage to carry of the air of nobility (and litter box) quite well! I have yet to meet the cat who wasn't quite certain that he or she was beyond reproach. :-)
Josie
from Josie's Journal

The Island Cats said...

And you lived happily ever after.... :)

Caren Gittleman said...

you are so silly! Hey a little embellishment never hurt anyone! catchatwithcarenandcody