Saturday, 30 April 2016

Zootopia


Yes, it's me, Carlton The Special One
For the duration of the A to Z Challenge, Carlton Cat will be taking over this blog. He's a little bit of a maverick moggie with strong views


Zootopia

I CAUGHT the Mr and Mrs watching a film called Zootopia the other night. They were laughing uproariously at this CHILDREN'S film with talking animals. How ridiculous is that? Talking animals, I ask you...


There'a rabbit called Judy Hopps (geddit?) who's a police officer and there's a foxy con artist. The mayor is a lion, his  assistant is a sheep and the chief of police is a buffalo. 


But my favourite was.... I mean THEIR favourite was Flash the sloth in the Department of Mammal Vehicles. He was even slower than the Mr dragging himself out of bed in the morning.


Afterwards they were saying it wasn't just a children's film but was brilliant for adults too - and had lots to say about how the world is today and how we should all live together peacefully.


Well, here's the trailer if you want to know what on earth they were talking about:





Well, that's all, folks, for the A to Z Challenge. Thank you for your company and I hope you have enjoyed my help in bailing out the Mrs who didn't think she could cope with two blogs (her other one is here).

She says, if I behave myself, she might allow me to post much more regularly from now on - probably every Friday so I hope to see you then. 


Purrs and lick,


Carlton.

xxx

Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel.

Bookmark and Share

24 comments:

Darla M Sands said...

Purrs and licks back from my two kitties. They admire you greatly. ~grin~ Be well!

Jo said...

I have really enjoyed this blog from Carlton. It has been a fun read. Thanks so much Patricia, sorry I mean Carlton

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I haven't seen this yet. Congrats on completing the A-Z blog challenge- you deserve some extra cantip.

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

I haven't seen this, yet...but I want to! XO
Congratulations on completing the challenge!

Scarlett Braden said...

Congratulations on completing the challenge!
@ScarlettBraden from
Frankly Scarlett

Josie Two Shoes said...

What a handy movie review for the letter Z, Carlton! I think we might all learn a lot from animals, they sometimes do things in better fashion that we humans! I will definitely be watching for future posts, this month you've gained yet another fan! XOXO

The Island Cats said...

Congratulations, Carlton, for making it through the A-z challenge! Good job!

Birgit said...

You did a great job Carlton and I enjoyed your posts even though I fell behind. I want to see this movie also and hope to some time this month

Liz A. said...

Yeah, I'm sure you didn't enjoy the movie at all...

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats on making it through. Yeah, humans find the strangest things amusing. Ours enjoyed Zootopia as well.

The Whiskeratti said...

Mom luffs the trailer - and especially the DMV scene.

live and learn said...

So what you're saying, Carlton, is that if I give the movie a try, my cats will probably leave the room or sleep right through it. That might be a risk I'm willing to take.

Congratulations on finishing the A-Z Challenge. That probably took away from your catnap time which I know was a big sacrifice.

Random Musings said...

This movie sounds like something I would enjoy :) Congrats to Carlton for completing his A to Z Challenge!
Debbie

diedre Knight said...

Carlton, you've managed to become a favorite source of entertainment! You made it, good buddy! You completed the challenge with impressive alacrity;-) I plan to stop by every time I'm in the 'kitchen'!

Tamara Narayan said...

Went with the family to see this one and we all loved it. I thought it was brilliant as well. Nice to go to a cartoon that entertains the adults just as much as it does the kids.

Sandra Cox said...

I haven't yet seen Zootopia but I want to!
Carlton is a doll baby!

JEN Garrett said...

OK, Carlton, you've convinced me. I was going back and forth on watching that movie, but now... here's me going out to get it. :)

Sarah said...

Congrats on making it to the end of the A to Z Challenge!

Diane Weidenbenner said...

My kitties have asked that I subscribe to your blog. I guess I'd have to admit that I like it too. Found you through the A to Z. Great writing and sense of humor! You made me smile today.

Deziz World said...

Dat's pawsum Carlton. Da pawrt 'bout you postin' every week. Me can't wait to see more of ya'.

Luv ya'

Dezi

Brian said...

A-Z is a lot of letters so y'all done good! I couldn't keep up with all those letters and I'd surely forget one, or two!

Cathy Keisha said...

Hmmmm, sounds like a bunch of stereotypes. I bet my Pop has seen that one. Concats on finishing A-Z.

Julia said...

I think some movies that are for kids are great for people of all ages. Actually, I miss back when there was fun comedies that were not loaded with dark themes and violence. It seems like all the films geared to adult audience are action and violent oriented, and that is not my thing.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Glad you'll be posting more often now. Funny video. :)