Friday, 20 May 2016

Stressful Times


Stressful Times
by Carlton Cat

Is it Friday again already? Yes it is, so here I am with my regular Friday post that I promised the Mrs I would do - although I notice she has done very little in the past week.
She will no doubt witter on with a raft of excuses: "I've been working full time in addition to my freelance obligations. I've had housework to do. I'm stressed. I'm an old woman now. Blah, blah, blah." I made up the quote about being an old woman but she does moan a lot about going into rooms and forgetting what she went in there for. Mercifully, she hasn't yet forgotten my name or to feed me and stroke me. When she does... well, I shall have to take the appropriate action. Not sure what, but I'll think of something.

So what kind of a week have you had? Mine has been uneventful - the usual round of sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating, brief burst of energy chasing things, sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating.

There was one thing that made me sit up and take notice, though. The Mr and Mrs were discussing this:




I was briefly worried. Surely they wouldn't consider trading me in for a younger model, would they? But then they both cuddled me and said: "You're our little stress-buster, aren't you Carlton?" so I think I've dodged a bullet there. In any case, the Mrs would walk into a room with the intention of petting a kitten but then forget what she'd gone in there for. So I think I'm safe.

See you next week,

Carlton



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Three Chatty Cats said...

Sounds like you had a busy week, even if it was uneventful! Enjoy your weekend, Carlton!

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Uneventful can be a good thing. And I am glad you are doing well! Hugs.

Jo said...

I would love to go play with the kittens. What a wonderful to relieve stress. I can't imagine Mr. & Mrs. replacing you Carlton, but adding a youngster to the household perhaps.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

She would never trade you in for a younger model. You are too special.

Liz A. said...

They say that walking into a room and forgetting why is normal. There's something about walking through doors that resets the brain...

The Island Cats said...

Our week was pretty much like yours, Carlton.

diedre Knight said...

Carlton, your week sounds wonderful! Please thank the Mrs. for the fantastic video, oh to have a cat or ten again:-)

Josie Two Shoes said...

Weeks where nothing major happens can be some of the nicest! It sounds like you managed to fit in some relaxing time. ;-).I love the idea of kitten therapy, nothing is more fun than playing with a bunch of kittens, I would want to take them home though!

Darla M Sands said...

In our house, we sometimes wonder if crimes of passion would have been alleviated if the instigator had a cat in their lap every evening. ~grin~ Be well!