Friday, 2 September 2016

Bye Bye, Birdie, Bye Bye

It's Friday - the day Carlton takes over my blog. Views are his own and not necessarily, in fact, rarely, shared by the blog owner.

 
Bye Bye, Birdie, Bye Bye

by Carlton Cat



BIRDS. What's all that about? What is the point of them? They flap about making weird chirping noises, sit in trees and make a mess on the ground. That. Is. All.


Why did the Mr and Mrs set up a bird table in the garden? It only encourages the little twerps.
I know it’s good fun leaping at them and chasing them. Their chirps turn to squawks then -  but I could live without this little amusement.

Yesterday I was even more pissed off at them than usual. I was lying on the windowsill catching a few rays when this blackbird landed on a tree outside and started chirruping away. Annoyed at having my sleep interrupted, I leapt up to catch it…and hit my head on the window. Yes, folks, the window was shut.

I fell behind the sofa. And all I could hear was that darn bird continuing to sing some stupid bloody song and, what was worse, he had been joined by a few other members of his flipping  feathered family. My head was hurting so I have a valid excuse for what happened next.

I was dazed. I was tired. I was angry… I had forgotten about the closed window. So I tried to jump through it again.

This was all bad enough but then I heard laughter. The Mr and Mrs were standing there guffawing away like a pair of idiots. I put on my most disdainful expression, held my tail up high and stalked through the door.

It's a funny thing, though. Since that little incident I haven't seen a bird at all.





Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right. 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Liz A. said...

You showed them!

Jo said...

Poor Carlton, so sorry you hit your head like that. I guess you managed to drive the birds away at least.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That was mean to set up a place for birds and put a force field between you and them.

The Island Cats said...

Darn bird...darn window.

Deziz World said...

Oh me cats!!! So glad you're okay. Guess you showed those birdies huh?. Good fur you.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Darla M Sands said...

Sorry you hurt your head, poor dear. Be well!