Friday, 21 October 2016

Carlton Becomes a Poet

It's Friday - the day Carlton takes over my blog. Views are his own and not necessarily, in fact, rarely, shared by the blog owner.

 
Carlton Becomes a Poet

by Carlton Cat



The Mr and Mrs are both at work today. I have a bit of time on my paws so I have decided to become a poet. Here’s my first attempt:





Ode To A Salmon

'Twas nice of you to swim about
In seas and up the river
But now you’re sitting in a dish
About to be my dinner.


Brilliant, huh? I expect my work will soon be studied in schools and appearing on those Most Popular Poems lists. I'm going to write another poem soon but I am an ARTISTE so I have to wait until the Muse visits me. I have a few things running around in my head. Does anyone know a word that rhymes with pandemonium?

Anyway, writing about salmon has made me hungry. Off now to investigate my food bowl. Then I shall take myself off to a soft duvet where I can contemplate the universe. (UniVERSE - get it!? I frighten myself with my brilliance sometimes.)




I haven't quite got the knack of using chopsticks like this cat, but I'm working on it.



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right. 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Liz A. said...

Great poem. Yup, for sure it'll be studied for years to come ;)

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That was a great poem.

Jo said...

I am so impressed Carlton. How about euphonium, harmonium??

The Island Cats said...

Great poem, Carlton. It made us hungry, too.

Darla M Sands said...

Nice! I hope the muse visits again soon.

The Indulged Furries said...

Carlton, you are an excellent poet and I hope to be reading more from you soon. Mom thinks I'm allergic to fish, so there won't be any salmon on my plate anymore.

I'm curious to learn what you're trying to rhyme with pandemonium. I bet it's interesting and maybe a bit mischievous.