Friday, 16 December 2016

Carlton Gets Offended

It's Friday - the day Carlton takes over my blog. Views are his own and not necessarily, in fact, rarely, shared by the blog owner.

 
Carlton Gets Offended

by Carlton Cat


 I HAVE never been so insulted in my life. And I have been insulted plenty, I can tell you.

The Mrs was reading some darned book about cats and came up with this little snippet: ‘The vast majority of cats are mongrels.’

She ruffled my ears. ‘Just like you, Carlton.’

W-H-A-A-A-T? ME, A MONGREL?

How dare she say such a thing. I might not be a pedigree cat or even a part-pedigree cat, But I am a…, a…, a…, I know, I am a Superior Being.

She went on reading. She doesn’t know when to stop, that woman.




‘Cats have been especially bred for a variety of reasons; to produce softer or longer coats, for example, or to enhance their markings or refine a colour. In the eyes of the breeders, the refinements have enhanced their beauty.’

That did it for me. Was she implying that I was not as handsome as some pedigree cat? How very, very dare she.

I leapt to my feet scrabbled across her hand, digging my claws in as I went. She yowled and sucked on her hand.

‘Pity you weren’t bred to be a NICE CAT and not a monster,’ she yelled after my retreating, ginger behind.

We aren’t speaking to each other at the moment but I might deign to be a ‘NICE CAT’ when it’s time for tea.

 

*Take a look at The Best Cat Products In The World You'll love them!



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Brian said...

I'd say you are pretty darn nice and I think someone really does know that Carlton!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Thank you for stopping by our blog. We can't wait to read more about Carlton's adventures. Half my life is spent with Bear Cat's butt in my face ;)

Deziz World said...

Oh me cats and kittens Carlton, how dare she??!!! You are a very handsum ginger boy and not at all a mongrel!!! We got your back big biy, just let us at her. MOL Big hugs to all.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Indulged Furries said...

Hmmm, since human breeding is not usually done for specific traits, I wonder how many of them would be considered mongrels?

Oh well, at least we have humans who love & appreciate us, regardless of their (or our) breeding.

Jo said...

Oh Carlton, how could the Mrs. do that to you? We all know you are an exceptional cat. How many cats write a blog, after all?

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

You are a sweetie Carlton and a superior being.

Liz A. said...

Mongrel isn't a bad thing. It just means you have many superior genes from many different types of cats. That's a good thing. Means you're strong.

The Island Cats said...

We don't blame you one bit for being mad, Carlton. You're definitely a nice cat...opiniated...but nice. :)

Darla M Sands said...

Take comfort in knowing that mongrels are the healthiest of all. You will one day rule the world, I'm sure.