Friday, 2 December 2016

Carlton Sings

It's Friday - the day Carlton takes over my blog. Views are his own and not necessarily, in fact, rarely, shared by the blog owner. Today he poses an existential question...

 
Carlton Sings

by Carlton Cat



AFTER a busy day the Mr and Mrs opted for an early night. I crept in about half an hour later and they were both fast asleep. I thought I’d help to give them sweet dreams so I settled down between them and started to sing a lullaby. Were they grateful? No, they were not. They awoke.

‘For goodness sake, Carlton,’ the man said sleepily. ‘Why all the racket?’

The Mrs sat up in alarm and switched on the light. ‘Whassup?’ she shouted, like some bad-tempered teenager.

Why are they trying to silence me? I am the Frank Sinatra of cats.

 ‘It’s only Carlton,’ said the Mr. ‘He’s having a funny five minutes.’ He began to stroke me and said, ‘Settle down, boy. Time to sleep.’

The Mrs switched out the light and sighed deeply. ‘That cat is absolutely nuts,’ she said.

Charming.

*Take a look at The Best Cat Products In The World You'll love them!



Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Deziz World said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw How adorable you look. We don't get why mommy doesn't enjoy our singin' at night either. Ya' know, she's even thrown a kleenex at us befur. But we did see dat might be a good thing. WE say an opera once where somepawdy threw a hanky on da stage. Hanky, kleenex? Ya' never know. Maybe they purreciate our singin' more than we know? MOL Big hugs to all.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Brian said...

I'm not much into singing late night but I do lay right on top of them most of the time!

Liz A. said...

Of course, nighttime is the perfect time for a serenade.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Be glad you weren't booted out of the room. Humans can be very bad tempered when awakened from sleep.

Jo said...

I'm so sorry your singing wasn't appreciated. But it is true, humans don't like to be woken from their sleep.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I bet you have a lovely singing voice-
sorry it isn't appreciated.

The Island Cats said...

Humans can be such spoil sports sometimes.

The Indulged Furries said...

I prefer to sing in the morning, and my humans are not very appreciative either. What's wrong with them.

Darla M Sands said...

I have a human friend who appreciates her animal pals' singing as "the song of their people". ~grin~ She's very understanding at all times of day, too, bless her heart. Happy caroling!