Friday, 20 January 2017

Snake in the Grass



It's Friday- the day Carlton takes over my blog. Views are his own and not necessarily, in fact, rarely, shared by the blog owner.

 
The Snake In The Grass

by Carlton Cat


I WAS in the garden in the early hours of the morning, surveying my territory, when I came across a dead grass snake.

I could have stayed and played with it but, no, generous kitty that I am, I decided to make a present of it for the Mr and Mrs. And, let me tell you, it wasn’t easy dragging that long slippery thing through the cat flap and into the house.

I pulled it through the house, up the stairs and into the bedroom where both were sleeping. I put it on the pillow between them and settled back to watch their response when they awoke.


Not my paw - paw posed by model.

The Mrs was so excited she screamed. The Mr, however, didn’t seem to like the gift and was so rude he didn’t even adhere to the social niceties and pretend he was grateful.

He yelled, ‘What the… [insert VERY rude work],’ picked the snake up up by its tail, opened the window and threw it out.

Ungrateful wretch.



*Take a look at The Best Cat Products In The World. You'll love them!

Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Jo said...

Oh Carlton, how terrible not to have your present appreciated. It was so nice of you to have shared it.

Clooney said...

Oh my, just a bit of excitement at your house!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That was so thoughtful of you, humans are so ungrateful.

Deziz World said...

MOL Oh Carlton, we're so sorry your pawrents didn't purreciate your generous gift. Mommy enjoyed readin' 'bout it so much she almost piddled her pants. MOL She says stories like this make her grateful we have no cat flap and don't go outside. Not sure what she means.??? Big hugs to all.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Indulged Furries said...

Being an indoor kitty, I don't have any way to judge whether or not your gift was thoughtful, but I take your word for it. I'm sorry your mom & dad were less than enthusiastic about the snake you worked so hard to bring to them. My presents are limited to hairballs and when I'm feeling really generous, I present them while laying on the master bed at 4 a.m. instead of being on the floor or waiting until after sunrise.

Liz A. said...

Oh, how terrible. And you worked so hard, too.

McGuffy Ann Morris said...

Well, that was exciting!

Darla M Sands said...

This made me laugh. "Not my paw - paw posed by model" - brilliant.