Friday, 24 March 2017

Carlton Perfects 'The Stare'

It's Friday- the day Carlton takes over my blog. Views are his own and not necessarily, in fact, rarely, shared by the blog owner.

 
Carlton Perfects 'The Stare'

by Carlton Cat


TODAY I have been perfecting The Stare. Sadly the Mr and Mrs are decidedly slow when it comes to reading my facial expressions. But I think I’ve now got The Stare down to a fine art - even Mr and Mrs Dim won’t be able to mistake my intentions.

If they feed me and I look into the bowl and give them The Stare they should jolly well know that I am less than enamoured with its contents. If I empty the bowl and give them The Stare, I am still STARVING.

If you see this look, jump to attention.


If they are sitting on the sofa and reading a newspaper or a book and I jump onto their lap, claw away said publication and give them The Stare, they must immediately put aside their reading matter and give me their full attention.

If I sit in front of a door staring at it with my nose one inch away, that door MUST BE OPENED IMMEDIATELY. Similarly, if I give The Stare to cupboards or drawers, there is something inside that I want.

Come on, guys, it’s not rocket science.




*Take a look at The Best Cat Products In The World. You'll love them!

Never miss a funny picture, mad video or hot cat news. Subscribe to That's Purrfect and we'll email you every time the website is updated. All you have to do is pop your email address in the 'subscribe' form in the panel below or right. 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

live and learn said...

At my book club last night instead of talking about the book, we talked about how frustrating it must be for our pets when they give us the stare and we don't catch on. Maybe some day...

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Things go much faster when one takes matters into his own claws and ushers along the realization ;)

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Bear with them Carlton, us humans are slow learners.

Jo said...

I hope they learn to read your stare quickly Carlton.

The Island Cats said...

Carlton, you gotta squint the eyes just a little so it looks like you're giving them the "stink eye." Then maybe they'll get the message. But humans are pretty dense...

Hairballs and Hissyfits said...

WOW! We agree you definitely are talented when it comes to staring!

Liz A. said...

Perhaps they see the stare and are ignoring it ;)

Colehaus Cats said...

Geesh, we picked up on that stare immediately and went around opening all the doors and cupboards!

Pat Hatt said...

You'd think they would catch on, huh? Especially when we trot across the buttons on the laptop.

Darla M Sands said...

Training humans does take patience.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Hmmm, we cats are going to have to work on this more often. Jan is oblivious.